Channel/Dimmer profile 0 or 255 only (switch mode)

• I have some DMX channels running to stage pockets that i need to have a profile set to them that runs them in switch mode, not dimmer. For values less than 128 the output should be 0, otherwise 255. I use these channels for equipment that only runs at full voltage. Channel and grand master settings should not allow any voltage other than 0 to 110 (USA settings).

Using a lighting console, i used to have assignable profiles to each channel that let me do this. Is there a way to do this with DMXControl? (I really appreciate this software, as a school auditorium tool. Thank you)

• It's still easy for someone to accidentally set a 1-254 value which is bad for the intelligent fixtures plugged into power via those dimmers

• Hi,
    I'm sorry, but as far as I know, there is no way to limit DMX-values in this way. You can set a minvalue and a maxvalue in the DDF for each channel. With the option "DDFs can limit DMX-values" active, this prevents the channel-value of exceeding this Channelborders. But you can't prohibit DMXC to send DMX-values between those two values. Please open a new task in our bugtracking-system (here). Even though our bugtacker is in german, you can write new tasks in english. To do this, just change "Aufgabentyp" from "Fehlerbericht"(bugreport) to "Wunsch / Idee"(wish / idea) and enter this function-idea on the right.
    Regards
    JP

• Souko

Added the Label DMX Dimmer
  • Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.