Program crashes with Open USB Driver

• Hi,
    Thanks for a great program.

I have used it without outputting it to a controller for some time to learn how to use it, it's great. I also upgraded to the latest beta versions with no problems.

I then installed the software cave vb plugin without any problems.

I then purchased an enttec usb widget and installed hippy's output plugin.

I now get DMXControl program crashes, seemingly when I adjust any settings in the Winamp Analyser box, or sometimes just at random times when the winamp analyser is outputing to the usb to dmx converter.

I get a "This Software has to Close" error, or a :

Application Error Instruction 0x66020568 referenced memory at 0xfffcf2c4. The memory could not be read.

I have no idea if it's the winamp analyser, the sofware cave VB input, the open usb output plug in, or DMX Control. DmxControl running on it's own with the winamp analyser is rock steady.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if I have to build another DMX output device I would like to know its ok with the winamp analyser.

• Hi Stephan,
    I can run Freestyler, STL-DMX, Abulites and other DMXcontrol programs using the dmx open widget with no problems.

None of the other programs have the superb Winamp Equaliser that DMX Control has, nor have they the ease of operation that DMXControl has, and it would be a shame if the incompatability problem could not be overcome.

If I run DMXControl without a plugin, or use my Kristof Nys printer interface it works flawlessly, as soon as I select OpenDms the trouble begins.

Sometimes the program crashes on start up, sometimes in a few minutes, sometimes after 20 minutes.

I am not a software guru, but where would I start to fine the problem?

• I have had a lot of problems using Hip's Enttec driver.

We have produced our own interface that is compatible with the Enttec unit.

We have also written our own driver that is rock solid.

It should be 100% compatible with the Enttec unit.

If anyone wants to give it a try please email me.

Richard
    Next Generation Technologies
    www.nextec.co.uk

• Just discovered that the contact form on our website is not working.

I have added some email addresses to the contact page and the form should be fixed soon.

Sorry if anyone has been trying to contact me about the driver.

Richard

• :) :) :) The Afterglow Slim driver works like a charm with the enttec open usb device. I love this program, the best out there, that i've seen. The only problem i had was the lock-ups and crashes, and intermitant lag times. Fortunatly that all went away with the Afterglow driver. THANKS!!

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.